Friday, January 22, 2010

Best. Salsa. Ever.

There is something to be said for simplicity.  This salsa comes from my dear friend, Kimberly, she had us over one night and made it.  My husband, who is a salsa connoisseur, loved it and gave it rave reviews.  This fall I hosted a dinner party for a friend with a Mexican theme, so of course, I had to make this salsa.  I make it regularly ever since and nothing from a jar compares.  This is more like a restaurant style salsa. It was a huge hit.  With our addiction to tortilla chips, it doesn't last long in this house.  It's so easy and worth a try.  Let me know if you do!



Ingredients:
1 28 oz can tom. drained
1 10 oz can Rotel
2-3 small cloves chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped onion
2-3 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespooon sugar (I usually do a teaspoon)
1 cup finely chopped cilantro
Juice of 1/2 lime


Combine in Food processor and blend well.  Be careful not to overblend or it will be too watery.  Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Good Salsa! I posted a picture on my superbowl blog, and gave you full credit!

    ReplyDelete