Sunday, March 14, 2010

Perfect Pot Roast

I have meant to make this post awhile ago, but better late than never, right?  This recipe was introduced to me from my dear friend Julie.  It is found in a cookbook from Fellowship Bible Church.  So simple, amazingly simple, but the best pot roast you will ever have.  I hope your family enjoys it as much as we do.  When I cook it I put it in the crock pot, but you can also cook it in the oven as well.  I will include both instructions.  The picture doesn't do it justice and the biscuits in the picture are cheddar biscuits, I will post that recipe separately.  This recipe works very well if you are taking a meal to another family because it feeds a lot.  It is also perfect to put in the oven early on Sunday morning and then lunch is dinner right after church!

Perfect Pot Roast


Ingredients:
Pot Roast
1/4 cup Dale's Seasoning
2 cups Water
Any stew vegetables that you enjoy.  I use carrots, small potatoes, celery, mushrooms, and sometimes peas.

Directions:
Place pot roast in roasting pan, dutch oven, or crock pot and poke meat.  Pour Dales's seasoning over the meat and pour the water over the top and all around.  Add vegetables that take a long time to cook (potatoes, carrots, celery) and turn the crock pot on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.  If you chose to cook it in the oven, follow the directions below:
Cover tightly with foil.  Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.  Then lower oven to 225 and bake for 4-5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment