Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Orange Juice Cake - You Gotta Try It!

So, I realize how long it has been since I last posted, and I promised a pot roast recipe, which I do have the pictures of, just haven't gotten it on here.  I will work on that.  This recipe for Orange Juice Cake is wonderful.  It is a favorite amongst the Corsini family.  By Corsini family, I mean Ken, Katie, and Kevin loved this cake growing up, so I consider it an "old" family recipe of my mother-in-laws, Ronna.  For the past 3 years I have made this cake for my mom's birthday because she just isn't a cake-and-frosting kind of girl.  This cake is perfect because it compliments her tea quite well and she loves lemony things.  Honestly, I haven't met anyone who doesn't love this cake.  My one piece of advice:  don't be lazy like me when mixing up the glaze - stir and stir until you get all the powdered sugar dissolved.  It just looks prettier that way!

Orange Juice Cake
Ingredients for Cake:
1 package yellow or lemon cake mix (I like lemon)
1 small package instant lemon pudding
1/2 cup of oil
1 cup of orange juice
4 eggs

Ingredients for Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup of orange juice
2 tablespoons of melted butter

Beat all cake mix ingredients together for 2 minutes.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes in a greased oblong pan.  While the cake is baking, mix up the glaze by adding ingredients to a bowl and whisking away until no lumps remain.  After cake is pulled out of the oven take a toothpick and poke every 1 inch or so all around the cake and frost with the glaze while the cake is warm.  You want the cake to cool a little before serving.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delish! I love orange juice! What a clever way to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am trying this recipe this week :) Sounds really flavorful!

    ReplyDelete